YOUTH CONFERENCE INFORMATION
1. We will be doing a gear drop off on Tuesday night (June 29) from 7p.m. to 8:30p.m. at the Kent Stake Center. Please bring your gear anytime during that time and please have it labeled with your name on it. For recommended items to be brought, please see the packing list below. Please note the requirement for water shoes with traction if youth want to play on the slip and slide at Ensign Ranch and please note that it is requested that youth do not have their cell phones with them during youth conference. Youth are welcome to bring a bag with personal items to have Wednesday morning. If you have not already turned in your medical release form, please don’t forget to bring this Tuesday night to the gear drop off – however ideally you would provide it to your Bishop or YW President this coming Sunday. We can’t have anyone going to Ensign Ranch without having turned in a signed medical release form.
2. We will be meeting at 10a.m. on Wednesday at the Kent Stake Center to begin the Youth Conference. We will have a short briefing at that time and will hand out some important materials there. All youth will then get in assigned cars and head to Ensign Ranch. Please be on time and be prepared for a great experience!
3. Please bring a sack lunch with you Wednesday morning that can be eaten in the car prior to arrival at Ensign Ranch.
4. A reminder…..Youth, we ask that prior to coming that you please read the following specific sections of the “For the Strength of Youth” booklet and agree to follow the standards described therein:
- “Agency & Accountability” on page 2 and 3,
- “Dress & Appearance” on page 6-8,
- “Friends” on page 16 and 17, and
- “Language” on page 20 and 21.
One item of note for parents that planned to drive your youth to Ensign Ranch….you are certainly still welcome to do so if you’d like, however we also want to let you know that we believe we have several open seats available in cars already going up. Please let us know if you’d like your youth to become part of the car pool as soon as possible so we can plan appropriately for it.
If you have questions, please reach out to any of the following:
Jason Mitchell – Stake Young Men’s President
Kristi Ann Bolles – Stake Young Women’s President
Crystal Watkins – Stake Youth Conference Specialist
Pete Watkins – Stake Youth Conference Specialist and Counselor in Stake Young Men’s Presidency
Or any other member of the Stake Young Men’s or Young Women’s Presidencies